The National Association of Funeral Directors maintains regular contact with its membership via a series of communications tools:
- Regular bulletins are issued, notifying members about changes in all aspects of funeral sector legislation, including employment law and Health and Safety at work.
- The annual Yearbook/Members' Directory, supplied free to all members, is full of useful business contacts and is a valuable networking aid.
- National and local Public Relations Officers are on hand to assist the Association and its members with media matters, while the Association also seeks to raise the debate on key funeral industry issues through the national, regional and funeral sector media.
- Regular meetings through the NAFD's Local Associations and Area Federations provide members with a forum to exchange views, discuss best practice, resolve local issues and share ideas and plan for the future.
- The Funeral Director Monthly is a free monthly business magazine packed with interesting articles on funeral and general business matters. It keeps members informed on a wide range of funeral service issues and related topics and highlights important business developments. Members' contributions are always welcome!
- Bulletins and news releases inform members about proactive media relations initiatives and the Association's response to media enquiries.
- The NAFD is the UK's representative on the European Federation of Funeral Services (EFFS) and the Federation Internationale des Associations de Thanatologues - International Federation of Thanatologists Association (FIAT-IFTA), conveying members' views on key funeral issues.
The NAFD website ,
www.nafd.org.uk/ is the portal for the UK funeral profession, containing information of key issues and the latest news from the UK sector and the National Association of Funeral Directors.